Saturday 30 April 2011

Diet on the go ....

                                Today we arrived at Santa Fe , and that was something I had
                                looked forward to since the very beginning of the trip .
                                It's a very beautiful city , but more on that tomorrow , with 
                                photos and such ,today it's a look at what , and where, we eat;

Dinner in our trailer , after a long day of driving .
 This was actually at a Walmart parking lot , and the curtain is  closed for privacy .
There is not all that much space in our trailer , it's just 17 feet long. But there is still space
enough for cooking , although most of the time we try to  keep it simple.
Practical though to not have to stand up from the table to clear it after the meal ,
the kitchen counter is well within reach !

This Loki says doesn't look all that appealing , but it was my first
restaurant meal in Santa Fe , and it tasted GREAT, so here it is .
It's called  Chilles Rellenos (I'm not sure about the spelling), and according
 to the waitress it's a favourite with the locals.

Downtown Santa Fe , at the plaza.
A street vendor was selling Fajitas ,  I think he's visible behind my head.
They were great , but were falling apart in our hands , so quite messy .
And in the end of my meal I discovered a dead fly underneath it all ,
I guess I'm lucky I spotted him before he became a part of my meal ...

This photo is from our time in Las Vegas .
We bought a 24 hour pass for the buffets , and managed to fit in 3 meals
within that time period.
This is breakfast , and as you can see it's a bit of everything on the plates ...
They did crepes to order ,  they were delicious ,
 and my absolute favourite  for breakfast.

I don't think Loki finished off everything on his plates ,
 but I'm sure that he ended it all with  an ice-cream cone.

So , there you have it , lots of good food on this trip ! :) !


5 comments:

  1. You're making me hungry! Just kidding... but I am having travel envy :o) Hope you have a great trip. I look forward to more!! Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Natalie,
    We are having a great time ! Although I think we'll be in need of a vacation after this trip . With so many places to go to , and so much distance to cover there is not much down time !
    Lena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chili Rellenos are my mother's favorite meal!

    It sounds like Mexican for your birthday!

    Where's your margarita!!

    Did you buy a hot in Santa Fe????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Correction: Did you buy a HAT in Santa FE?

    ReplyDelete
  5. A hat ? Why??? No such luck , but maybe in Taos .
    The margarita didn't fit in the picture , but it was there , of course !
    Since we came to New Mexico almost every meal is eaten in a restaurant , it is SO GOOD , and also really affordable.

    ReplyDelete